Things to Do in Orlando, FL
Orlando has no shortage of fun activities for the whole family. Between the theme parks, water parks, attractions, shopping, dining and vibrant night life, it is easy to have fun in this city.
Orlando Theme Parks
SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment
At SeaWorld, Aquatica, and Discovery Cove guests encounter aquatic life from around the world. You can even swim along with some of them!
- SeaWorld® lets guests enjoy the sea like never before. Home of the world famous Shamu show, guests can see killer whales and dolphins in action. The recently added Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin offers a look at the aquatic life in our planet’s chillier waters.
- Aquatica® is SeaWorld’s waterpark. Guests can slide in clear tubes through an underwater world, right alongside dolphins! This park also features two huge side-by-side wave pools, a lazy river and more.
- Discovery Cove® is a sea adventure like no other. Swim with dolphins, snorkel with tropical fish, and feed tropical birds by hand. This is truly a nature lover’s dream come true.
- * Rosen Shingle Creek is a SeaWorld Hotel Partner
Universal Studios Orlando® has two theme parks and a dining and entertainment center. Universal Studios is a real, working film and TV production facility, letting guests get right in the middle of the lights, camera, action!
- Universal Studios® brings your favorite movies and TV shows to life and puts you right in the middle of the action.
- Universal’s Islands of Adventure® features 5 themed islands, each with their own distinct brand of fun.
- Universal CityWalk® has unique shops and restaurants, and plenty of live music and nightlife to enjoy as well.
Walt Disney World®
The Walt Disney World Resort® is comprised of four theme parks, two water parks and an entertainment complex. The magic of Disney® will fill your Orlando vacation with a lifetime of memories.
- The Magic Kingdom®, the original park at Disney World, is home to the classic, famous rides everyone loves such as It’s a Small World®, The Haunted Mansion®, and Splash Mountain®. It has recently undergone the largest expansion in its history with the addition of The Beast’s Castle and Under the Sea- Journey of the Little Mermaid.
- Epcot® is two separate and distinct worlds- Future World and the World Showcase. Future World gives visitors a glimpse into what our world may look like years from now. Visitors can blast off in Mission Mars®, design a car and test it out on Test Track®, and learn more about our planet in Spaceship Earth®. The World Showcase celebrates cultures from around the globe, allowing guests to experience the food, music, clothing, and folklore of countries such as Mexico, Norway, England, Morocco, France and more.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios® put visitors in the middle of movie magic. Classic movies come to life before your eyes on thrilling rides and epic stage shows. Take a trip with R2D2 and C-3PO on Star Tours®, watch Indiana Jones dodge a giant rolling boulder, and escape a haunted elevator from the Twilight Zone®.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom® celebrates animal life in all forms, from insects to elephants. Walt Disney was passionate about conservation and animal welfare, and this park sees his dream of bringing a real African-style safari here to Orlando where guests can see giraffes, lions, gazelles and more. Thrilling rides transport guests to Mount Everest and back in time to see Dinosaurs.
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon® waterpark lets visitors enjoy the Florida sun with thrilling slides, lazy river, and a sandy beach. Guests can even snorkel on a coral reef with stingrays, sharks and tropical fish.
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach® is has an icy theme as a ski resort that has melted into a waterpark! There is something for everyone here, boasting one of the world’s tallest and fastest slides, as well as white sand beaches and a tranquil river.
- Downtown Disney® offers shopping, dining, and entertainment in a 120-acre complex. Unique stores with exclusive Disney merchandise are a shopper’s dream. Gourmet restaurants will delight your taste buds with cuisines for every palate. The House of Blues has concerts frequently, and nightly under the big top the visually stunning Cirque du Soleil’s La Nouba enchants the audience.
Wet ‘n’ Wild
Wet ‘n’ Wild is Orlando’s original waterpark, located on International Drive in the heart of the attraction area. Some of their most popular attractions are the group rides, which allow guests to slide on multi-person rafts. The Black Hole plunges you into darkness, and the new Blastaway Beach features interactive toys and giant sandcastles.
Orlando has every kind of shopping you could possibly want. Outlet malls, high end designer shops, boutiques, gift shops, novelty stores and so much more can be found here.
- The Mall at Millenia has a wide array of well-known retail stores, such as Armani, Tiffany & Co, Gap, Express, Victoria’s Secret, Urban Outfitters and so much more. They even have foreign currency exchange and a multi-lingual staff.
- The Florida Mall is the largest shopping mall in Central Florida at more than 1.8 million square feet, so you’re sure to find what you’re looking for. Shops include Saks, Coach, and Nordstrom. There are also numerous dining options, and foreign currency exchange is available.
- Premium Outlets draws visitors from around the world due to the great deals that can be found on top brand names. There are over 150 outlet stores from brands such as Lacoste, Ralph Lauren, Burberry, and Nautica.
- Pointe Orlando is a massive shopping, dining, and entertainment complex located on International Drive. There are restaurants of many cuisines, unique shops and boutiques, and plenty of entertainment for everyone, including an IMAX movie theater.
International Drive is the heart of Orlando’s attraction area, lined with shops, hotels, restaurants and the second largest meeting and convention facility in the country: the Orange County Convention Center. It is also home to some of Orlando’s most famous attractions, including SeaWorld® Orlando, Wet ‘n Wild®, Ripley’s Believe It Or Not, Air Florida Helicopter Charters, Fun Spot America, mini-golf courses, Magical Midway and iFLY Orlando — Indoor Skydiving.
You can shop ‘til you drop on International Drive, too. There are three large shopping venues with a wide range of retailers: The Festival Bay Mall, Pointe Orlando and Orlando Premium Outlets.
The dining on International Drive leaves nothing to be desired. Every price range and cuisine are represented.
And since Rosen Shingle Creek, Rosen Centre and Rosen Plaza are all located on International Drive, you are just minutes from all these attractions. With the I-Ride Trolley, you do not even need to worry about driving yourself.